Monday, July 13, 2009

Think Small

Carol recently gave me some blocks of wood, only about 4x4 inches, thinking I might find it easier to work on a small scale for the time being. I started out painting some landscapes with oil pastels, which was an interesting change.

But today I became inspired by an rather lovely square of used sandpaper found in my studio. It seemed just the right size to attach to one of the blocks. Suddenly I began collecting things....old nails and tacks, a box full of rusty bits of metal, my container of buttons and beads, and attaching them to the board. Voila.....a 3 dimensional collage!


This was really fun! I'm inspired to keep working, using the blocks as my base. Who knows what I'll find to use on these mixed media pieces. Right now, small is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment