Monday, March 14, 2011

Turquois Duo, session 10

I've been working on a pair of 24"x30" oil paintings for the past month and making v e r y s l o w progress. Lately, though, one of them is beginning to take shape enough for me to feel hopeful.

This is my tenth session working on it. I've begun to bring in more fantasy elements, such as the leaves in the two bottom corners. (I don't aim to paint accurate botanical illustrations, only to render fanciful flora based on actual plants.)

I've also added the daisy-like flowers at the top, the beginning of a couple of buds, and more definition in the other flowers.

I've decided on the design of the two large flowers (shown sketched in white.) I've also worked out the path of the ribbon (not shown) by printing out a photo of the painting and sketching on top of it.

At last. Some progress.

For more updates on my daily work, you can check out my personal art blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment