Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Preparing for the Woodstock Sculpturefest

My vegetable garden is almost in and I am getting ready to get back into the studio. As I plant the last of my lettuce transplants ideas are swirling around in my head. I will begin working over at the Carving Studio and Sculpture Center in West Rutland this month. This is in preparation for an exhibit coming up this fall at the Woodstock Sculpturefest. I plan to do a series on different seating ideas for the garden. While there I will also be completing a sculpture of a Great Blue Heron. See photo on previous blog entry. By going to the Carving Studio there are no household distractions so if the ADHD thing kicks in I can hop from sculpture to sculpture. I'm excited at the possibilities. The challenge is always to keep the ideas alive and actually bring them to fruition.
This weekend I will be attending a wood kiln building workshop down in Massachusetts. Depending on the itracacies of the kiln, I may attempt to build an outdoor kiln up here in which to fire large pieces.

-Anne Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment