Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eggplant - Help

My blogging life has intersected. I have found that it is easier for me to paint eggplant than to cook it.

Eggplant c egbert 01

After a trip to Sicily, I tried to make the classic Sicilian dish, Pasta alla Norma. I made an acceptable version of this simple combination of pasta, tomato sauce, eggplant and cheese, but I was not happy with the eggplant. It was oily and the skin was tough.

I need help. I would love to hear how you cook eggplant so that it is creamy and not too oily. What do you do about the skin? Do you salt it or soak it in salty water? What's your favorite variety. Please leave a comment or a question and if you want to know my 'recipe for painting eggplants'.

I'm confident that you have wisdom to share.

Ciao! --Carol Egbert

No comments:

Post a Comment