Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Brunswick Salt Marsh, Two Ways


This is the first, small oil that became the study for the larger painting I completed last week.  It is quite traditional and peaceful....



"Salt Marsh, New Brunswick"
8" x 10" - oil on canvas

The painting below is based on the same photos of the same marsh.  But it is different in many ways from the study.  I wanted to show the liveliness of the grasses and the light of the day which give a different feel to the experience of viewing the work....


"New Brunswick Marsh Land"
36" x 40" - oil on canvas

I hope I was successful in communicating the brightness and excitement of the natural landscape.

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous painting! Thanks so much for sharing it....Donna Ellery / The Art Gallery in Stowe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Donna! If you have a minute, I'm interested in the Art Gallery in Stowe--is it your place?

    ReplyDelete