Monday, March 8, 2010

Teaming with tea

The obsession with tea bags continues (could this be a life-long mania?). While we were in Queensland last week amid regional flooding (which translates to heavy rain every day we were "vacationing") there were plenty of opportunities to discover some new brands of tea. Such excitement! I brought back two dozen sodden bags, which have since dried out in the blessed Sydney sun.

So more of the same with variations. These pieces are steadily multiplying and will become a series:



I'm also playing with the tags and probably have collected enough to begin assembling them. In the meantime I'm working on a piece constructed on a tea-dyed tea towel that lists many friends over the years with whom I've had the joy of sharing a cup (or perhaps many). This one still needs some work but should be a piece of special meaning:


I'm trying to keep the filter off and be in the flow as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment