Monday, June 28, 2010

The Work Continues

I haven't been posting lately but I have been working. I'm excited about a new piece I've recently finished....it's 30" x 36", a size that seems to work well with the tea bags I am collaging. Similar in design to the last piece that size, this one has a lot more movement and energy in it:


And I've begun experimenting with a different type of bag, stringless and usually just about square shaped (typical of Celestial Seasonings bags). These I can empty of the tea leaves by slicing the bag open, but I haven't had any luck flattening them. So I decided to sew them on to a piece of plastic (usually used by quilters). The result is a lot looser and involves layering in a different way. It will be interesting to see how this piece evolves. Here it is on my work table.

No comments:

Post a Comment