Saturday, October 9, 2010

Last week I finished the vest, which I've titled "Earl Grey's Vest." I made buttons out of the tea bag material, but they seemed to detract from the patterns in the piece itself, so the vest is buttonless.


I also began a new tryptic. I stretched 3 canvases, each 8" by 48". Rather loooooong. I completed the first piece, so 2 remain. It will be interesting to see how these pieces will work together. I imagine that they will hang on top of each other, but it might be possible to create a skinny piece that is 12 feet long......


I also have been working on a tea "bag" or handbag. This has really been fun....I decided to leave the tea bags as they are (not emptying them), so the piece has weight and a lot of texture with the tea inside. I'll post photos next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment