Monday, November 8, 2010

Tank Chic

During the past week I've been working on a tank swim suit. I sewed long lines of unopened but emptied tea bags together to form stripes, then ironed the stripes on to fusible fabric, normally used to created interfacings. I found the piece to be much more fragile that I thought it would be, but with a lot of care managed to get it together. I needed to sew tea bag trim around all the edges, giving it a lot more stability. (I've had to do this with a number of pieces and I hope that they will hold up well with this edging). Here's a photo taken before all the edging work was completed:



Carol has given me an idea for what may be the next piece. She suggested a tea cozy and right away I had a vision of what it might look like. How great to get so much support from friends and family for my work!

1 comment:

  1. The bathing suit turned out so well- I can't believe you pulled it off! And I love Carol's clever tea cozy idea- that'll be fantastic. You're on a roll, mamma, don't slow down!

    ReplyDelete