Friday, November 27, 2009

The Paper Cuts Book is Printed!

Cynthia Emerlye:

This morning when I collected my mail, I discovered the long-awaited Paper Cuts book in my box. To my surprise, one of my kirigami keepsake cards is on the cover! The book includes a basic explanation of different kinds of papercutting and many examples of projects you can make. Two of my items are presented: the kirigami card and a kirigami mandala. I chose very simple designs to present because the kind of complex work I do would be too difficult for most beginning papercutters. Also, kirigami involves cutting through many layers of paper, which is much more difficult than cutting through single sheets, which is the case for most paper cutting methods, such as scherenschnitte. Shown above is the book cover. You can find this oversized paperback on Amazon.com for pre-order HERE.


In case you are not familiar with my work, here is an example of my most recent mandala:


You can find similar items for sale in my Etsy shop: www.EmerlyeArtsKirigami.com

I hope all of you in the USA had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday yesterday. I wish you and yours the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment