Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Landed in Australia

I'm happily landed in Australia and finally quite settled in. I keep hearing about the wintry weather back home and find it hard to imagine, given the heat that has taken over here. With Christmas just a few days away it seems odd to contemplate celebrating the holiday feeling perhaps too warm!

But on the topic of art, I'm back in the studio. It was all waiting for me just as I left it eight months ago, everything neatly stacked away. It's been interesting to see the work that I did earlier in the year...I actually quite like some of it that I wasn't so sure about in April. Distance can help!

I know I won't have much time to work over the next couple of weeks with a houseful of family to play with, but at least I've taken out the paints and gotten a start! It definitely feels good and is quite a change with the windows wide open and the sunlight pouring in.

Here are a couple of photos of the studio....quite a change from the space in Vermont!


1 comment:

  1. It's great to see your work space and to imagine that windows can be opened to the air. It's freezing here. Enjoy the holidays with your family.

    ReplyDelete