Monday, March 29, 2010

Variations on a Theme

Even though I've been working with tea bags for a couple of months I still feel like I'm just getting started. There are so many ways to push this work, through technique, composition, color, adding different materials, and the scale. I've been processing herbal teas recently and finding that I really like the lighter, more varied and subtle kinds of tones I'm getting.





This group of 12 illustrates some of the variation, depending on the type of tea bags used. I'm also playing with applying light washes to the finished pieces to change the tones.


This triptych uses linear pieces of bags, rather the the recangular shapes and achieves a completely different effect. It would be fun to do this on a larger scale.



Today I began to sew the tea bag strings onto some small finished canvases. I'll continue to explore this over the coming days and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment