Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bring on the Herbal Tea

I'm widening my net in search of tea bags (when will this "craze" ever end, one might ask......I honestly don't know!) By enlisting friends I am finding a wider range of papers and tints in tea bags and hopefully will be able to soon start working much bigger than the 16" x 20" that is my largest canvas now. I've also experimented with working on paper instead of canvas, and I do like the effect.

The pieces tend to be lighter in tone now, and I am layering in different ways. As much as I like the heavily stained works, these are a lot more subtle and and interesting in a different way.


So this work continues. It's wonderful to look up from my work table and see the emerging spring unfolding outside the window. It is a joyous time of year!

1 comment:

  1. This piece is so beautiful! It's so soothing to look at, and I love the colors that this tea series is creating. I can't wait to see these pieces in person in just a few weeks. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete