Thursday, December 16, 2010

Moving on

It was with a great sigh of happiness that I sewed the last few stitches in the tea bag dress today. As with most of these pieces it took more time than I imagined to get to the end point. The dress was quite fragile to work with and there were many logistic decisions as well as aesthetic ones along the way. So it is great to call it "finished".



I have quite a backlog of tea bags to open and empty over the next couple of weeks. I plan to take an extensive inventory with me to Australia so I will have plenty with work with there (especially without my loyal group of tea bag providers here). I will recruit my visiting family to help with the task....perfect for bonding over the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Dear barbara

    I am a hugeee fan of your work and i would love to get in contact with you to plan an exhibition in Dubai, UAE.

    kindly mail me to the following address to discuss further:

    joelle.zgheib@tbwaraad.com

    regards

    joelle

    ReplyDelete