Wednesday, May 27, 2009

12 x 12 Show

This oil painting of an Aloe is one of two of my paintings that will be a part of the 12 x 12 show at Studio Place Arts Gallery in Barre, Vermont. The show will be up from June 16 to July 25.

Being an artist is not simply figuring out what to paint, what medium to use, and then painting until you're satisfied. An artist also has to finding venues to show and sell art.

I learned about Studio Place Arts from another artist and went to their web site to learn more. The mention of a 12 x 12 show in the Calls for Art section caught my eye. I submitted, via email, and about three weeks later an email arrived that started with the words, "We are pleased to invite you ..."

I am pleased to be invited!

For information about Studio Place Arts *click here*

To see my paintings at the Woodstock Folk Art Gallery *click here*

---- Carol Egbert

No comments:

Post a Comment