Friday, May 29, 2009

URI Visual Arts Sea Grant

Cynthia Emerlye:

Yesterday I mailed off my entry to the University of Rhode Island Visual Arts Sea Grant, a competition held each year by the URI art department for artwork which concerns oceanic, aquatic, or coastal matters. Since I grew up in Rhode Island, I decided to enter. Thanks to Carol Egbert for alerting me to the contest.The project I am proposing is a series of black and white drawings called "Aquatic Bouquets," which are stylized representations of real water plants in tangled groupings. I hope to do a set of 18 to 24 images. Here are some I've already completed, which I used for the competition:


Each one is done in three versions: a line drawing (which will become part of an adult coloring book,) an original white on black, and a digitally inversed black on white version. Prints of some of these can be found in my online shop at www.EmerlyeArts.1000markets.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment