Monday, June 22, 2009

AVA Gallery Entries

It feels like time to enter work into some juried shows. Several years ago I was entering shows right and left, and then it got tiring putting together the slides or CDs, sending applications off, then needing to pack and send pieces that were accepted. So now the occasional easy-to-enter show seems more appealing.

Today I entered a couple of pieces into the AVA Gallery Annual Juried Summer Exhibition. This takes place in Lebanon, New Hampshire and has traditionally been an excellent, eclectic show. I decided to enter some of the rectangles I'm in the process of creating. I'll be interested to see whether the juror likes them.


Like any artist I have to remember that each juror in every show has his or her own take on art, so not to feel disappointed if I don't make the cut. But I'd sure like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment