Friday, August 14, 2009

Kirigami at The Art Gallery in Stowe

Cynthia Emerlye:

Here are some photos of my kirigami papercuts in the downstairs entry room of The Art Gallery in Stowe, Vermont.

The Art Gallery has been taken over by Donna Ellery, the daughter of the previous owner. Donna, the new owner, is transitioning from a traditional fine art gallery to one which also carries fine crafts. The gallery is two stories and seven rooms of art! The downstairs will feature crafts and the upstairs will remain a fine art gallery, although now various genres of painting will be hung, not just Vermont landscapes.

Right now eight of my framed kirigami mandalas, several black & white prints, and a few kirigami cards are in the gallery. Donna wants to carry my hats and jackets in the fall. The new Gallery 47 in Woodstock wants to have a fashion show with my work, so let's see how many items I can build between now and then.



No comments:

Post a Comment